Thursday 8 November 2018

SONGS OF CHILIKA LAKE


Over the Chilika Lake, and
Boarded in a train,
On the way to home,
I am passing by the Lake,
To get soil, grain or a doll,
Or to find loved one.

Two boats through waters
Oh! How beautiful it is
In the autumn morning,
Blue sky, sparkling sun-light
On surface of water, I go,
Jingling with childhood days.

Over the Chilika Lake, and
Through morning delight,
I never thought of wood
To draw a curtain over
My journey, certain hope
I know holds the wind.

Over the Chilika Lake, and
Through the fishermen’s dream,
I can move to get fortune,
That may play a role
As far as I can stay on this earth,
This earth holds the birthright.

Over the Chilika Lake, and
Through the smile of sympathy,
As I have grown up old,
I am searching for loving faces
Of those who can drape me
With love and let me not to wait.

Over the Chilika Lake and
Through the colors above water,
I feel fascination with loud wows,
No blur, sharp focus, luck and elegance,
I will say, my love,
Don’t quit joy, let me enjoy.


3 comments: